Why do we rush? Particularly, why do we rush relationships? We supersaturate, meaning to add something to an element that has already been completely in
filtrated. We shouldn’t do this to our hearts; we shouldn’t do this with love, with something that is so precious.
How do we supersaturate?
We rush, and everything is too much, too soon. We can’t do anything social or private without that person. We stop being around our friends of the opposite sex because we don’t want to seem “fishy.” We live our days with that person as if when we added a “title” we simultaneously said “I do” forever (and even “forever” doesn’t mean everyday).
In 2010, not only do we have a 24hour news cycle we have 24 hour relationships. Without seeing that person we are in their face 24/7. Facebook, Twitter and Blackberry Messenger, etc are all consuming, add a relationship to it…it becomes an obsessive compulsive disorder. We know social media websites aren’t reality, but they affect our reality, they affect our perception of a person and instead of being entertaining, most days they can feed on our insecurities, and our natural paranoia about the human being.
Let’s take a lesson from the old heads!
My parents have been together for 35 years, and I think they can attribute that to limiting saturation. Even with living in the same home, my parents can’t tell you what each other have done all day. They are not Facebook friends, nor do they follow each other on Twitter and for damn sure my Mom doesn’t text my Dad all day (she calls him lol).
*disclaimer: I am not perfect, I have my days with social media sites, and I have to constantly remind myself that reality relies in hearing his voice, him being next to me, and him telling me he wants me.
-Ms. LaCole
No comments:
Post a Comment