July 26, 2006 was my last posting...I'll assume that I thought because I discovered something new in my life that I did not need to write anymore. Well, I was wrong, and I am back! Back for GOOD!!! This blog is keeping its rather personal appeal, but it's about to get way more political. You can expect a rather political commentary on my personal life, and the daily intricacies of politics! So...here we go....
What's going on in my life...
Growing up, saying it is so much easier than doing it! I am finishing up my M.A. degree at University of Toledo, and writing my thesis on higher education and public policy. Maybe, I'll post it when it’s complete, or give you guys a little excerpt. I also work at the Toledo Botanical Garden as their Development Coordinator. As you can see, I have this career thing on lock. Sorry, for the lack of humility, but I have worked hard. Like a good friend of mine says "humility is for those who don't do anything!"
Personally, I lost at love, but it's okay, I still have my head up. But, I constantly hold the fear of being that strong black woman with a great career, and a single family home, with no family. This is a fear that I will leave in my prayers. I know this is something that I should not worry about, but I find myself wanting that imperfect marriage that my parents have. I am trying to remain optimistic by dating. Which is the most hectic thing in my life! How can something that seems to be so simple...boy likes girl, girl likes boy, they date...be so hard?? Oh it’s hard, borderline an obsession. In my political mind, everything should be and can be analyzed to the 10th degree, including text messages!! As much as I love this ability to scrutinize, I hate it, because I find myself looking for context clues in a text that simply says "ttyl babe!" From talking to my female friends, I think we all suffer from this horrific career of Text-Messaging (TM) Analyzers.
Text-Messaging (TM) Analyzer Job Description:
Ability to text rapidly in order to forward the loser’s TM to your girl friends.
Be able to perform a psychotic outburst for when you over analyze the text.
Knowledge of lexicons on your mobile device in order to quickly apologize.
Identify whom else the text message has been forwarded to (great for BlackBerry users).
Save all messages, in case you need them for proof.
Okay, I am getting carried away, but if you would like to apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to getalife@gmail.com.
This is all for today, maybe.
Stay Strong-SLS
No comments:
Post a Comment