“I loved you on purpose,” that’s a powerful statement, and an even more powerful action. I recall the day I decided to take a leap of faith and step out on love. Of course I knew the dangers involved but somewhere in my mind and heart I chose to love you. And with this came a responsibility, a responsibility to love you the only way I knew how…unconditionally, although I knew you did not deserve my love.
Our story is simple, I gave you want you wanted because I was never comfortable giving you all of me. Maybe you didn’t understand, maybe you didn’t care, oh well…the “maybes” are no longer my concern.
You started and ended relationships with other women while I stood in the shadows; you put me on the backburner to simmer. I settled in many ways, and my heart was in limbo with another man and I thought that giving you pieces of me would give me time to rebuild my own puzzle.
I wanted you to recognize my worth, to walk as hard as you talk but till this day, all I hear is words and see nothing but broken promises. It bothers me that you never took real time to know me, that you don’t know my likes/dislikes, my heart, or my humor. After these years, you still don’t know me…you don’t see me.
Now, I realize that I was so hungry for love that no matter where the meal came from or how inadequate of a meal you were providing; I chose to sit at the table and eat.
The choice is still mine, and now I chose to love me. I love me more than I love you.
So, goodbye to you and all your inadequacies.
1 comment:
Now this is powerful, I see my life journey with men in these powerful words. We as women have given so much to men who do not appreciate our worth. If they only knew what they have missed out on!
Post a Comment